Effective Date: September 29, 2015.
- What Information does Brio Product Group Collect?
Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
- your name, username, email address, and password
- information from Third Party Services that you explicitly give us access to
- your contact information, such as your phone number, social media handle, or email (depending on how you contact us)
- your credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address and shipping address, if you make purchases through the Services
- live chats and customer service phone calls
- sales history
- survey responses to the extent you include Personal Information
We may also collect some of the following Non-Personal Information from you:
- the name of your internet service provider
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services
- the type of browser software you are using
- the operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our Services
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
- the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- your home page customization preferences
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- weblogs and other clickstream data
- survey responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
- How We Collect Information
We may collect your information in the following ways:
When You Provide Us With Information to Make a Purchase. We make products we like in hopes you will find something you like, too. If you use our Services to make a purchase, we may request certain Personal Information from you to facilitate the transaction. You may also provide us with Personal Information, such as contact information including your name, email address, and shipping address, certain financial information, such as your payment method (this may include valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We store only a very limited portion of your credit card information, in a manner that is generally permitted by credit card issuers. Our payment processor, that credit card issuers require to have sufficient security, stores and processes your credit card or other payment information using industry-standard security measures. By making a purchase through the Services, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
Communications You Initiate with Us
We do everything possible to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our service!). When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver more compelling and helpful emails and improve our Services.
Third Party Services
Our customers are active in many different communities, both offline and online, and we like facilitating that wherever we can. Some parts of our Services can be linked up with other accounts you have, such as your Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ account ("Third Party Accounts"). If you link to Third Party Accounts from our Services, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Account. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts. One thing we won't ever store is your Third Party Account password.
If you link your account on the Services with a Third Party Account, we may also collect and store publicly available information about your contacts and friends from the linked Third Party Account. This information may include their photo, name, email address, birthday, interests or other content you can see when you access such profiles on those Third Party Services. We may also collect and store information if you invite other users to the Services by providing us with their Personal Information.
Information We Automatically Collect
Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as "pixel tags", "web beacons", and "cookies" that allow us to track the actions of users of our Services. Pixel tags, web beacons and cookies collect Non-Personal Information.
Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in e-mails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail.
Cookies are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your hard drive once you leave a website.
- How We Use the Information We Gather
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance the Services and your experience with Brio Product Group. We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone, period. If we share your Personal Information, we do so only as described below.
Internal Use to Provide Services to You
We may use Personal Information to provide the Services to you. Some ways we may internally use your information include:
- to contact you when necessary
- to respond to your comments or questions
- to provide you with additional information according to your preferences
- to generate anonymous statistics to help us improve the customer experience
- to make the Services easier and more convenient for you (such as by prepopulating forms when you have already provided identical information)
- to provide recommendations to you
- to send you information and marketing materials about services and products available through our Services
- to train our team members
- for our other internal business purposes
We may share or disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information on our Site, with service providers, and/or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons and cookies we discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, but that aggregate, anonymous information cannot be linked back to you.
Opting Out. If you decide you don't want to receive email or other mail from us, you can select the "opt out" provision in our communications to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Services or to respond to your specific request, such as password recovery.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control
We may work with other businesses from time to time. These affiliated businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. We may also provide services or sell products jointly with the affiliated businesses. We will clearly show you when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will only share Personal Information with them that is related to your transaction.
Generally, we will not disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties.
We've figured out ways to do a lot of things on our own, but we haven't quite figured out how to all of it. We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers and designees ("Agents") to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- order fulfillment
- payment processing
- website-related services such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf
Our Agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Us and Others
With Your Consent
Except as we've stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
- We are Committed to Making Sure Your Information is Protected
We take the protection of your information very seriously. We only allow parties to access your Personal Information for permitted business purposes. Unfortunately, even though we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
- What Personal Information can I access?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- name and password
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating your information, please contact us at service@brio4life. If you are a California resident, in addition to rolling blackouts and drought, you also get the ability to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties (under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com.